Creating a game server, take 5. The name actually should be ABf, but the
x is for remembering this is the last attempt!
Too bad, a game server without client doesn’t make sense ;(.
- Uses a single TCP stream for the game protocol. This is not a shooter or action game, more like a classical online RPG.
- Database backend is currently MySQL (PostgresSQL is also implemented).
- Instanced world.
- Encrypted Game and Login Protocol.
- Local (map) chat and whisper is currently working.
- Static objects are directly loaded from Urho3D’s scene files.
Process Explorer showing CPU load with 8 connected clients and network traffic
That’s all for now.
Showing eight characters in the same scene and basic server side collision checking
In 100 years!